Superior Strength, Durability & Longevity. Unmatched Non-Stick Properties.
Those are just a few reasons why professionals choose Silpat™ as their baking companion. In order to keep your Silpat™ products, here are some usage and care instructions.
How to Use
- Rinse before first use.
- Place the liner on a perforated tray or a grid before handling, with the writing facing up.
- Lay the product to be baked or frozen directly on Silpat™.
- Usable in any kind of oven (ventilated, steam, microwave, deck oven).
- Baking temperatures may need to be adjusted according to your specific oven. Silpat™ is effective in temperatures from -40°F to 480°F (or -40°C to 280°C)
- Wipe the SILPAT™ with a damp, soft sponge and then rinse with clean water.
- Shake to remove excess water and dry in open air.
- A weak solution of detergent or soap may be used if needed. Use a neutral pH detergent (pH=7).
- Dry in an oven at 212°F (or 100°C) for a duration of 2-3 minutes.
- Store flat or rolled.
- Note: The oily feeling after washing is normal, as is discoloration. Strong flavored foods may leave a trace of their scent on the SILPAT™.
Things to Note
- Do not grease the Silpat™.
- Do not use knives, scrapers, brushes or cutters on the Silpat™.
- Do not cut on the Silpat™.
- Do not fold the Silpat™.
- Never use a cut or torn Silpat™.